SAI was responsible for the construction management and inspection of a substantial site development, infrastructure, and local roadway reconstruction project as part of the redevelopment of the former Civic Arena site in the City of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
The physical features of this project include:
- 14 acre urban site.
- 90,000 CY of earthwork.
- 4 signalized intersections.
- Construction of the extension of Wylie Avenue and two new streets (Fullerton and Logan).
- Widening of Centre Avenue, and tie-ins to Centre Avenue and Bedford Avenue.
Other features of this project include:
- Installation of all new utilities including waterline, sewer line, electric, and communication duct bank.
- Extensive landscaping, exposed aggregate sidewalks, and decorative lighting.
- Coordination with SEA, City of Pittsburgh, PWSA, PPG Paints Arena, Pittsburgh Penguins, PennDOT.
- Project budget was very rigid, staff kept close track of overruns and underruns and consistently looked for potential cost savings.
- Contractor submittal and agency coordination.
- Shop and field inspections.
- Documentation and progress verification.
Construction Cost: $13,000,000