Fayette County, Pennsylvania
Project Manager: Ray Henney, P.E.
Completion Date: 2008
SAI was responsible for the emergency preliminary and final design for the replacement of the Mill Run Bridge over Mill Run Creek. This was a design-build contract with J.F. Shea Contracting that was necessary to replace a structurally deficient bridge that was restricted to one lane of traffic due to its poor condition.
The physical features of this project include:
- 53′ one-span prestressed concrete spread box-beam bridge over Mill Run Creek.
- 547′ of roadway approach (Two-lane rural minor arterial road).
Other features of this project include:
- Traffic maintained via one lane-two way alternating traffic.
- Temporary stream diversion.
- Phased construction.
- Incident management plan.
- Signing and pavement marking plan.
Project Owner: J.F. Shea Contracting
Contact: Tim Salai