Allegheny County, Pennsylvania
Project Manager: Jason DeFlitch, PE
Completion Date: 2019
SAI was responsible for the design build Traffic Control Plan and Signing & Pavement Marking Plan for a bridge replacement on SR 0051 (Stoops Ferry Road) that traverses over Flaugherty Run. The Traffic Control Plan consisted of phased-construction with two (2) detours.
The physical features of this project include:
- Removal of an existing single span reinforced concrete frame bridge with a sidewalk on one side.
- Replacement was a new single span pre-stressed concrete spread box beam bridge with a sidewalk on one side.
- The concrete spread box beam was 57’-8” (out/out) and maintained three (3) 11-0’ travel lanes, two 8’-0” shoulders, and a 5’-8” sidewalk on one side.
- Other design build activities that SAI completed included approach roadway work, drainage, guide rail, utility relocation, and permits.
Project Owner: Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, District 11-0
Contact: Ryan Surrena (FAY, S&B USA Construction)
Other features of this project include:
- The design build traffic Control Plan consisted of six (6) phases of construction.
- A car and truck detour plan was also part of the design build plan.
- The detours were implemented over a weekend to launch the bridge in place.
- Utility relocation was a critical path to the success of accelerating the project.
- Signing and Pavement Marking Plan updated the signs and pavement markings within the project limits