Borough of Barkeyville
Venango County, Pennsylvania
Project Manager: Raymond Henney, PE
Completion Date: 2018
SAI was responsible for the alternate Traffic Control Plan for a bridge replacement on SR 0008 that traverses over Wolf Creek Tributary. The alternate Traffic Control Plan consisted of detouring SR 0008 traffic along with an emergency detour plan for interstate I-80 included.
The physical features of this project include:
- The existing single span reinforced concrete slab bridge with box ends was removed.
- The replacement bridge was a precast reinforced concrete box culvert (17’-0” x 6’-6”).
- New box culvert was 49’-10” (out/out) and maintained two (2)-11-0’ travel lanes and two (2)-8’-0” shoulders’
- SR 0008 required paving of the approach roadway and guide rail improvements.
Other features of this project include:
- The alternate Traffic Control Plan eliminated the use of temporary traffic signals with an approximate 17 mile detour of SR 0008.
- An approximate 20 mile emergency detour plan for interstate I-80 was included as part of the alternate Traffic Control Plan.
- This traffic control alternative assisted the Contractor in a cost savings for the client and a major reduction in construction time.
Project Owner: Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, District 1-0
Contact: Steve Reed (Mekis Constr. Corp.)