Conemaugh and Richland Townships
Cambria and Somerset Counties, Pennsylvania
Project Manager: Raymond Henney, PE
Completion Date: 2021
SAI was responsible for the design build Traffic Control Plan for the preservation and rehabilitation of McNally Bridge on SR 0219 that traverses over Stonycreek River and CSX Railroad. The Traffic Control Plan consisted of phased-construction.
The physical features of this project include:
- Bridge was 1,385’ seven (7)-span steel deck girder structure with a maximum span of 207’-11”.
- The bridge deck was 84’-0” (out/out) and consisted of four (4)-12-0’ travel lanes (two northbound and two southbound), 16’-0” median with barrier, and two (2)-10’ shoulders.
- The bridge preservation included repairs to median bridge barrier and outer bridge barrier.
- No roadway work was performed except updating the guide rail attached to the existing structure to meet current standards.
Other features of this project include:
- The design build Traffic Control Plan consisted of two (2) phases of construction.
- All work was able to be performed utilizing single lane closures on SR 0219 northbound and southbound
- An ATON plan was required as part of the design build Traffic Control Plan
Project Owner: Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, District 9-0
Contact: Steve Reed (Mekis Constr. Corp.)