City of Pittsburgh
Ross and Ohio Townships
Allegheny County, Pennsylvania
Project Manager: Raymond Henney, PE
Completion Date: 2019
SAI was responsible for the revised Traffic Control Plan that included revisions to multiple construction phases to replace bridge expansion dams, bridge preservation work, and mill and overlay of several ramps.
The physical features of this project include:
- Project was a partial Design Build roadway project.
- The project limits covered approximately 14 miles.
- Major components of work included concrete patching and overlay, concrete pavement reconstruction, preservation of 30 bridges (including widening of one), 2 culverts, 49 sign structures, 40 retaining walls, lighting and HOV system upgrades, drainage, guide rail, signals, signing and pavement markings.
Other features of this project include:
- Revised Traffic Control Plan included two additional long-term lane closures, short-term stationary operations, and overnight and weekend flagging operations
- The revisions eliminated a long-term detour, a weekend detour, and some long-term stationary operations.
- The revised Traffic Control Plan assisted the Constrictor in a cost savings for the client, reducing construction time, and improving traffic flow through the work area.
Project Owner: Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, District 11-0
Contact: Nicklaus Graczyk (Trumbull Corp.)