New Stanton Borough
Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania
Project Manager: Jason DeFlitch, PE
Completion Date: 2022
SAI was responsible for the design build Structure Plans, Traffic Control Plan and Signing & Pavement Marking Plan for a culvert replacement of Arona Road over Tributary No. 1 to Sewickley Creek.
New Culvert Looking Upstream Completed roadway with utility relocation and guiderail tie-in
The physical features of this project include:
- Elimination of run-around alignment by utilizing alternating single lane traffic via stop condition provided significant savings. Phase construction eliminated removal of electric fence and property restoration with run-around traffic control.
- Culvert replacement and lengthening along existing alignment.
- Contractor funded utility relocations for culvert installation due to phased construction.
- Full precast construction to ensure project was bid, designed and constructed in a single season.
- Guiderail tie ins on either side of the culvert allow for adjacent driveways and intersections .
Project Owner: New Stanton Borough
Contact: Chris Pugliano (Pugliano Construction Company)