SAI is responsible for the preliminary enginering and final roadway and structure design for a project that comprises 12 multi-span bridges, numerous anchored soldier pile and lagging walls, drainage, and roadway widening reconstruction. This project is part of a major four-lane arterial interchange widening and reconstruction project that is being designed and constructed in five phases and includes over 1.5 miles of roadways and structures.
- S.R.0028 over the 62nd Street Bridge Approach: 872′ 11-span steel beam bridge rehabilitation and widening with reuse of existing pier foundations and new pier-caps.
- Kittanning Pike Bridge: 567′ six-span prestressed concrete I-beam bridge with superstructure replacement, pier-cap strengthening, and rehabilitation.
- Scout Reservation Bridge: 154′ three-span continuous prestressed concrete box beam bridge with superstructure replacement, pier-cap strengthening, and rehabilitation.
- In-depth inspection of all structures including analysis and load rating.
- Structure design including bridges and retaining walls.
- 3D finite element analysis of bridge no. 2 a a sharply skewed, two-span, steel
- multi-girder bridge.
- Erosion and sediment control plan.
- Multiple traffic control plans, traffic and accident analysis.
- Drainage design.
- Roadway and intersection design.
- Traffic signal design.
- Lighting design.
- Signing and pavement marking plan.
- Shop drawing review.