SAI was responsible for the preliminary and final design and construction management/inspection of the intersection improvements at the northern and southern intersections of Southpointe Boulevard and Morganza Road (S.R. 1009). The project included the widening of the intersection approaches to allow for channelization at the intersections as well as installation of traffic signals. The project was designed for the Washington County Authority as part of the Southpointe Development project.
- Widen and overlay 3700′ of roadway to provide exclusive turning lanes at intersections.
- Earthwork and embankment placement.
- Property acquisition and building demolition.
- Minor bridge modifications.
- Installation new traffic signals.
- Development of preliminary widening options.
- Development of right-of-way plans.
- Utility coordination for relocation of overhead utilities.
- Design of relocated sanitary authority drive.
- New drainage design.
- Preparation of roadway construction plans, traffic signal plans, signing and pavement marking plans, traffic control plans, and E&S plans and permit.
- Modifications to at-grade railroad crossing.
- Submission, coordination, and approval of Highway Occupancy Permit.
- Development of contract bid documents and addendums.
- Assistance in project bid process.
Client/Owner: The Washington County Authority
Construction Cost: $2,000,000