SAI was responsible for the preliminary engineering and final sidewalk replacement design as part of a Hometown Streets sidewalk/streetscape renovation project for two development projects at PNC III and Market Square Place. This one-block streetscape renovation project includes new sidewalks, lighting, and various landscaping amenities.
- 500′ of urban sidewalk reconstruction.
- Multiple building sidewalk vault renovations.
- This streetscape project supported two substantial City of Pittsburgh Development projects at the PNC Three Building on the north side of Fifth Avenue, and the Market Square Place development on the south side of Fifth Avenue.
- City of Pittsburgh CBD Standards were employed, including granite curbs, terrazzo sidewalk paving, street trees, and decorative street lighting.
- Traffic control plan for vehicles and pedestrians.
- Traffic maintained one way with detours on a 3 lane urban collector roadway.
- Lighting design.
- Utility design and coordination.
- Coordination with property owners/businesses.
Construction Cost: $620,000