SAI was responsible for the NBIS and Fracture-Critical (FCM) bridge inventory/inspection of 21 various steel bridge structures ranging from 480′-4,000′ in length over waterways, railroads, and roadways (three four-year inspection programs 1997 – 2009).
Physical features of the project include the following representative bridges:
- Neville Island Bridge (I-79) – 4,000′-long tied arch and two-girder bridge.
- Birmingham Bridge – 2,600′ welded tied arch and multi-girder bridge.
- Shenango River (S.R. 0422 Eastbound and Westbound) – 1,750′-long welded two-girder bridge.
- NBIS and FCM inspections and reports of 21 major bridges (all bridges inspected at least twice).
- Perform and/or check structural analysis for each bridge.
- Prepare inspection report including “crack” tables.
- Developed CAD inspection drawings to facilitate future inspections.
- Utilized computerized versions of bridge inspection form D450.
Client Owner: Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, District 11-0
Construction Cost: N/A