SAI is responsible for the NBIS inspection of over 65 locally-owned bridges throughout Armstrong County owned by the county or townships. Bridges include a variety of structure types with lengths ranging from 20′ to 260′ in length spanning waterways or railroads.
Physical features of the project include the following representative bridges:
- Lower Pine Run – 86′ pin-connected eyebar thru-truss bridge.
- Sotos Road Bridge – 33′ post-tensioned timber slab bridge.
- McKee Bridge – 46′ prestressed concrete adjacent box beam bridge.
- Buffalo Bridge – 90′ concrete-encased steel I beam bridge.
- Godfrey Road Bridge – 24′ concrete T-beam bridge.
- Kiski Bridge – 39′ two-cell precast concrete box culvert.
- Completing routine and interim inspections, load ratings, and coordination between local owners and the District.
- Some FCM inspections were also performed.
- Perform and/or check structural analysis for each bridge.
- Prepare inspection report including “crack” tables.
- Develop CAD inspection drawings to facilitate future inspections.
- Utilize computerized versions of bridge inspection form D450.
Client Owner: Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, District 10-0
Construction Cost: N/A