SAI was responsible for the complete construction management and inspection including project documentation, progress verification, and quality assurance monitoring for the replacement of the SR 2028-A08 Hulton Bridge over the Allegheny River in Oakmont, Pennsylvania.
- 1,633′ 4-lane, 5-span steel haunched-girder bridge over the Allegheny River.
- four, eleven-foot lanes (two lanes in each direction); a four-foot median; six-foot shoulders on each side of the roadway; and a sidewalk on the downstream side of the bridge.
- Roadway approach work on Freeport Road including widening and full-width reconstruction.
- Traffic signals at the intersection of Freeport and Hulton Roads.
- Strand jacking of main river span.
- Cofferdam construction for placement of river piers.
- Railroad coordination.
- Drainage and utility relocations.
- Signing and pavement markings.
- New decorative highway lighting, sidewalks, ADA pedestrian ramps, curbs, and landscaping.
Awards and recognition:
- 2017 Outstanding Engineering Achievement Award – Pittsburgh Chapter – Pennsylvania Society of Professional Engineers.
- 2016 Eugene C. Figg, Jr. Medal – Engineers’ Society of Western Pennsylvania
- 2016 Transportation Project of the Year – March of Dimes of Greater Pittsburgh
- 2015 Civil Engineering Achievement Award – American Society of Civil Engineers Pittsburgh Section
Construction Cost: $66,000,000