After the original bridge was destroyed by Hurricane Irene, SAI was contracted for the emergency preliminary engineering and final replacement design as well as the construction consultation for this bridge replacement project in Wyoming County, PA.
- 160′ single-span steel plate girder bridge over Mehoopany Creek.
- Approach roadway reconstruction located on a rural local road.
- Scour analysis.
- Waterway Permit acquisition and agency coordination.
- Hydraulic design and hydrologic studies.
- Traffic maintained via temporary bridge.
- Utility design and coordination.
- Right-of-way plans and coordination.
- Traffic analysis and control plans.
- CPM scheduling and shop drawing review.
Client Owner: Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, District 4-0
Construction Cost: $4,162,000