SAI is currently seeking applicants for positions in our fast-paced and growing Harrisburg, PA office. We are an employee-owned corporation. Come and join our dynamic staff and work on local and statewide transportation projects, with excellent opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
- Flexible work schedules
- Remote working
- 401(k) and ESOP retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance along with flexible spending accounts
- Vacation and sick time
- Educational assistance packages
Highway Engineer – We are looking for a team member in our Transportation Design Group with the desire to grow within our Highway Department.
- Design roadway improvements for highway related projects
- Complete designated task assignments and technical reports that summarize recommendations
- Work collaboratively with other team members, consultants, and our clients to ensure all aspects of the design are congruent
- Prepare plans, specifications, and estimates for contract bidding
- 0-4 years of direct experience in the design of transportation projects
- B.S. Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited University is required
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- EIT Certification preferred
- CADD experience a plus; MicroStation V8i or CONNECT Edition preferred
- Roadway modelling experience a plus; Inroads or OpenRoads designer preferred
- Ability to perform project site visits
Structure Engineer/Bridge Inspector – Candidates should have a B.S. in Civil Engineering and PennDOT bridge inspection certification (CBSI) with experience with PennDOT and/or PA Turnpike bridge design, inspection and load rating. Responsibilities will include inspection of bridges throughout the state; preparation of bridge inspection reports; bridge analysis and load rating; and preparation of computations, plans, and details. Bridge Inspection Certification, or ability to obtain licensure/certification within one year of hire, is required. Experience with Microstation and PennDOT bridge design software is a plus. A Professional Engineer’s license or progress toward sitting for the PE exam is expected. All candidates should have outstanding written and verbal communication skills. This is an excellent opportunity in a flexible office environment to advance your career to the next level. A competitive salary and benefits package are offered.
Bridge Inspection Project Engineer/Bridge Inspector – Candidates should have a B.S. in Civil Engineering and PennDOT bridge inspection certification (CBSI) with experience in PennDOT and/or PA Turnpike bridge design, inspection, and load rating projects.
Responsibilities will include leading inspection projects throughout the state; preparation of bridge inspection reports; and bridge analysis and load rating.
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering
- PE License
- 7+ Years of Experience in Bridge Inspection
- PennDOT Bridge Safety Inspection Certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of PennDOT iFORMS, National Bridge Elements, and BMS2 coding
Qualified applicants may submit current resume and salary history in confidence to:
SAI Consulting Engineers, Inc.
1350 Penn Avenue, Suite 300
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-4211
Attn: Cheryl Coroian
Equal Opportunity Employer; Drug-free Workplace